Enjoy Berlin Live at The Canyon in Agoura
Join us December 4th at 9:00 PM for Berlin Live at The Canyon in Agoura.
Kick Off the Holiday Season in Agoura with Live Music
At 9:00 p.m. on Friday, December 4, Berlin is performing at The Canyon in Agoura. This long-lived new wave outfit is local to the Los Angeles area and has been performing for over four decades.
This band is most known for:
- The famous tune "Take My Breath Away" featured in the film *Top Gun*.
- Their first successful EP, the 1982 album *Pleasure Victim*, was recorded on a budget of merely $2,900.
- Disbanding and reforming several times over the years, with the most recent occasion occurring in 2019 for the release of their eighth studio album, *Transcendence*
The Canyon in Agoura Hills is found in Whizin Market Square on Roadside Drive. This venue observes social distancing protocols for live performances while also offering drive-in and live streaming shows for audiences to enjoy.
SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills supports small businesses in Agoura with services like commercial mold remediation. Business owners can call (818) 991-6292 at any time of the day or night.
Enjoy a Blend of Fitness and Spirituality Just South of Agoura Hills
We look forward to seeing the community come together for outdoor yoga in Malibu.
Agoura Hills Residents Can Head Over to Malibu for Outdoor Yoga Sessions
The Malibu Pacific Church is currently hosting yoga, scripture reading, and prayer sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings throughout the fall of 2020. Participation is free of charge and open to individuals of all skill levels, whether you are in Agoura Hills or Lake Sherwood. If you would like to donate to a cause, the church accepts $5 donations for the Union Rescue Mission.
- Classes are from 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM in the parking lot of the Malibu Pacific Church on Malibu Canyon Road
- Sessions are led by local photographer and designer Cecily Breeding
- Yoga courses are designed to be non-contact and observe social distancing guidelines
- Disinfecting wet wipes, masks, and hand sanitizer are available for use
Participants must use their own yoga mats. While wearing a mask during the class is not required, participants are advised to bring one.
SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills is ready to provide fire restoration for Agoura Hills residents at a moment's notice. Call (818) 991-6292 to begin mitigation.
Making Sure Agoura Homes Look “Like it never even happened.”
We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills is Ready to Restore Water-Damaged Homes
Agoura, an unincorporated community just southeast of Agoura Hills and Thousand Oaks, got its start as a stagecoach stop called Vejar Junction. In the 1920s, Agoura was most well known for having a ranch in the area called Paramount Ranch, which was primarily used for outdoor scenes and Westerns. The presence of Paramount eventually earned Agoura the name “Picture City” during this period of cinema. Before settlers established the area, the Chumash Native American tribe made its home here. In the 1700s, Spanish missionaries settled the area along the California Coast.
Why Agoura? Residents were required to choose a one-word name for their town to establish a post office. In 1927, the townspeople settled on the surname of “Don” Pierre Agoure, a swashbuckling immigrant rancher of French Basque origin. While the slight difference in name is frequently attributed to ease of pronunciation, others insist it was a government typo that created the current name.
After the Ventura Highway, later known as Agoura Road, was built through the town in the 1960s, Agoura quickly developed into a thriving community of over 20,000 people. Part of the area was later incorporated as Agoura Hills in the 1980s. However, the unincorporated regions surrounding the city are still designated as Agoura.
Today, you can find the following in the Agoura area and nearby Agoura Hills:
- The Reyes Adobe Historical Site, with an immaculately-preserved historical home
- Lake Lindero
- Various parks, including Old Agoura Park, Reyes Adobe Park, and Chumash Park
Agoura’s Namesake: Don Pierre Agoure
Agoura and Agoura Hills both get their name from a unique and colorful man: Pierre Agoure. Born as Pedro, Agoure was the son of a wealthy farmer in Basses-Pyrennes. He immigrated to the United States at the age of 17 in 1871.
Though he was French Basque, Agoure admired and emulated the styles of the Spanish ranchers at the time. His farming endeavors began in the Conejo Valley in 1875 with a modest 400 sheep, which grew to over 25,000 under his care. By 1906, his land holdings had swelled to a massive 16,800 acres for his sheep to graze on. Agoure passed away in 1912.
Pierre Agoure is buried in Calvary Cemetery in Los Angeles. He had a wife, Kate Smith, and four children: Lester, Vivian, Bijou, and Angela. His legacy could be said to live on in the old Western stylings that bring visitors from all over to such attractions as Paramount Ranch and the Museum of the American West.
Paramount Pictures Turned Agoura into Picture City
Paramount Ranch was purchased the same year that Agoura was named as a town. Paramount pictures purchased 2,700 acres to use for shooting various films, particularly Westerns. For the next two decades, some of Tinseltown’s most prominent stars would perform for the camera at this movie ranch.
What made the real estate perfect for filming was the diverse array of scenes available for filmmakers, from ancient China and colonial New England to island locales and even San Francisco. The varied scenery combined with creative camera usage and matte painting created captivating scenes for decades.
After a period of decline, the Paramount Ranch was born anew in 1953. New owner Willian Hertz bought the property and turned part of it into a permanent Western-style shantytown.
In 1955, the property was sold to new owners who repurposed it for use as a raceway, which closed 18 months later, after two fatalities in 1957. Racers considered the Paramount Raceway among the most challenging in the United States. The Racetrack still exists today, its road winding throughout the park.
The National Park Service purchased part of the old Paramount property in 1980 and breathed new life into the ranch for filming once more.
A few of the hundreds of films and shows shot at the Paramount Ranch include the following:
- The Texan
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
The Paramount Ranch is now a famous attraction that is still part of the National Park Service. Many of the buildings were destroyed in some of California’s wildfires and require reconstruction.
How Does SERVPRO’s Structural Drying Process Preserve Agoura Homes?
SERVPRO’s water drying procedures for Agoura residences rely on two primary pieces of equipment to succeed: air movers and dehumidifiers. Centrifugal air movers are positioned every 10 to 16 linear feet in water-damaged spaces to pull moisture off surfaces and out of cavities and into the air. Meanwhile, dehumidifiers pass this humid air over materials like silica gel or refrigerant coils to create condensation and expel warm, dry air.
A multitude of factors determines drying goals. SERVPRO technicians take the following into account when restoring a home to a preloss state:
- The temperature and relative humidity in the affected area
- Current saturation and humidity levels of surfaces like tile grout, plywood subfloors, fiberglass insulation, and sheetrock
- Ideal temperature and humidity levels for each affected surface
- The size and scale of water damage present
Types of Dehumidifiers
Refrigerant dehumidification is the most common type used in water damage restoration. It returns materials to humidity levels as low as 40 grains per pound (GPP) of dry air. Low-grain refrigerant coils can reach humidity levels even lower than 40 gpp.
On the other hand, desiccant dehumidification uses materials like silica gel as a medium for separating moisture from the air. This type of equipment is more effective at removing humidity. It can reach much lower humidity levels than refrigerant coil dehumidification units.
SERVPRO techs can use multiple types of dehumidification on your property depending on the amount of moisture present, the surfaces affected by water, the ambient temperature in the area, and numerous other factors.
SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills can ensure that your property looks and feels “Like it never even happened.” Call (818) 991-6292 for around-the-clock restoration services.
How Bad Can a Kitchen Leak Be?
A small leak can cause a lot of damage. We are always on call to handle your water loss emergency.
A Kitchen Leak in an Agoura Hills Home can be More Cumbersome than Expected
At first glance, a kitchen sink leak in your Agoura Hills home may seem innocuous, but if you leave it running for any time, the damage it causes can have expensive ramifications. Even though it may seem like a plumber can quickly prevent complications, in reality, damage may already be in place without you noticing. As a precaution, it is best to call a water restoration technician for guidance.
Under the purview of a water restoration team, water cleanup in Agoura Hills is best left to our SERVPRO team. Our formal training with industry experts plus our field experience prepares us to handle most situations where water hurts your home. Of primary concern to our crew is controlling humidity levels, so mold does not grow and start spreading through your house, which could directly impact your health.
Is there a standard way of treating water cleanup after a leak?
Each job site we visit poses specific challenges, and our SERVPRO crew is quick to recognize them. For example, if the leak in your kitchen sink allows water to seep down wood cabinetry, we must use water extractors before the wood absorbs too much of it. Similarly, water settling into baseboards may require injectidry technology to push warm air and speed up water evaporation. As you consider why SERVPRO is the best for water cleanup, consider the following-
- Our SERVPRO technicians are available around the clock to begin the restoration process as soon as possible
- Industry grade equipment such as pumps, vacuums, and dehumidifiers allow us to remove excess humidity from your home efficiently
- Specialized foggers help us clean the environment and even allow us to disseminate anti-microbial solutions as appropriate
SERVPRO of Agoura/ Calabasas/ Hidden Hills houses the expert team you need when a water incident happens. Call us at (818) 991-6292 and let our team work for you until your home looks “Like it never even happened.”
What are the Steps of Flooding Cleanup?
Storms happen, even in Southern California. Should your home experience storm damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO for fast remediation.
SERVPRO Has Distinct Methods to Handle Flood Damage – Let Us Help Restore Your Agoura Home
Whether you live in a prone to flooding zone or a freak accident occurred after a storm, you need to feel confident that you have the right team on the job. Even though you can try initial cleanup efforts to mitigate the damage and limit loss, calling SERVPRO to your Agoura home is the best way to ensure all water and moisture gets removed. We also are the best defense against the onset of mold and mildew, which brings the potential for health effects that could impact your family.
What Is Your Process for Cleanup?
Every call for flood damage in Agoura is unique and must get addressed accordingly. However, the processes that we use remain the same, which includes:
- Initial contact/call for emergency services
- Assessment/inspection of all water damage
- Water extraction and removal
- Drying in unison with dehumidification
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and deodorizing
- Repair and restoration
Can I Save the Carpeting in My Home?
Most carpeting, especially glued-down carpet, must be discarded after saturation with contaminated floodwater. It is also crucial that the subflooring beneath your carpet padding has a chance to dry thoroughly before the new carpet gets installed. We have advanced extraction equipment and drying mats that help us to accelerate the process. When used in conjunction with dehumidification tools, we can restore the relative humidity within your home.
Disaster recovery and flood cleanup are stressful and challenging to navigate if you do not know where to begin. SERVPRO keeps our customers informed each step of the way to make this process go as smoothly as possible. You can rely on our team to work with your insurance provider to ensure that the claims process is as stress-free as possible.
Count on SERVPRO of Agoura/Calabasas/Hidden Hills to make your flood damage “Like it never even happened.” Contact us at any time of day for emergency services by calling (818) 919-6292.
Is it Possible to Speed Up Commercial Flooding Cleanup?
Our Green Fleet is always available to restore your commercial property.
Commercial Flood Damage Restoration by SERVPRO Gets You the Prompt Action Necessary So Your Agoura Business Doesn't Miss a Beat
As an Agoura business owner, you know that you have many obligations to think about. Should floodwater enter your commercial space, you need to ensure your staff's safety while remembering that time is of the essence for limiting secondary damage. SERVPRO acts fast to speed up the flood cleanup so that you can get back to business sooner. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, allowing you to resume regular activities quicker than any DIY methods will allow. All you have to do is give us a call 24/7, and we can send out a crew to your Agoura businesses in as little as a few hours to begin the cleanup.
There are various elements to consider when it comes to flood damage in Agoura throughout your commercial building. SERVPRO always pays attention to the following:
- Floodwater harbors a vast assortment of contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, bacteria, sewage, oil, chemicals, etc. Upon arrival, our crew tests standing water in your home to determine the safety and best practices for treatment and cleanup. Thorough cleaning and rebuilding preparation are necessary to protect our technicians and any occupants from potential hazards, both short-term and long-term.
- Other risks to think about in addition to contaminant infiltration comes with commercial spaces that have not gotten thoroughly dried within a few days after the initial flooding incident. We consider any dampened electrical or mechanical systems as well as the exposure to asbestos or lead when released from saturated building materials.
- Mold growth brings the potential for health effects, which is amplified if your staff enters the building before proper cleaning is complete. While there are a few products on the market for control and reduction of mold, nothing compares to the EPA-registered anti-microbial and cleaning agents that SERVPRO stocks on our Green Fleet of vehicles.
Extraction is Vital for Any Flood Damage Project
Fast action to begin extracting all standing water is imperative for any Agoura commercial or residential flooding situation. Any moisture left to fester for too long brings the potential for mold growth and the onset of foul or musty odors. Our crew will:
- Remove any solid debris, such as mud, silt, and flood-damaged content and building materials.
- All items removed for disposal or packed out to be cleaned off-site get carefully inventoried for your records and ours.
- Any salvageable surface areas touched by floodwater get treated using EPA-registered anti-microbial solutions.
Extraction commences by way of tools and equipment carefully selected by our crew chief. This may include powerful truck-mounted extractors and submersible pumps.
Is the Carpeting Within Our Office Area a Total Loss?
Whenever there is significant contamination within the floodwater, it is better to remove all carpeting and padding below thoroughly to replace it with all-new materials. If we deem carpeting salvageable, we use several tools to facilitate water extraction, such as:
- Truck-mounted or portable extractors
- Weighted extractors, also known as rovers that use the weight of the technician to get moisture up and out of the carpeting
- Light-wand or carpet wand extractors
For any commercial space areas with hard surface flooring, we also have squeegee wands to help execute faster water removal.
How is Drying Handled?
Once cleaning completes, your building and any of the remaining salvageable contents must dry. Whether open-air drying or drying equipment gets used depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Power availability
- Whether the ventilation and heating systems of your commercial building are functional
- The level of moisture content within your impacted materials
SERVPRO brings a range of drying equipment to each flood water cleanup project, including dehumidifiers, fans, auxiliary heaters, and more. We also check on all aspects within the flood zone and just outside of it using moisture meters to monitor moisture content. This monitoring continues throughout the drying phase to ensure we are on the right track to achieving our goals.
When the situation permits, we can open up windows and doors to create the optimum airflow for natural drying. Should the structural materials be allowed to dry naturally, we must thoroughly check moisture content before moving into the rebuilding phase. It is important to note that natural drying can take longer if the temperatures are not ideal. Either way, taking the time to verify that all materials have gotten sufficiently dried is critical to cutting back on future issues, such as microbial and fungal growth.
SERVPRO is here from start to finish to ensure your commercial property gets returned to preloss condition. You can count on us to coordinate professional controlled demolition to remove any unsalvageable materials for full replacement with brand-new materials. This includes drywall installation, flooring replacement, carpet installation, painting, and much more.
Call SERVPRO of Agoura/Calabasas/Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 when you need reliable flood damage assistance at your commercial space.
Can Your Company Remove all of the Mold in My Agoura House?
Spotting the source of mold growth in your home can be quite difficult. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Team SERVPRO Can Tackle the Mold Infestation in Your Home
Mold spores exist almost everywhere inside our homes as well as outside in the natural environment. Mold colonies can form wherever there are moisture and food sources. Mold spores can enter your home on your clothes, pets, or even through an open window.
Our highly trained SERVPRO team provides mold remediation services in Agoura and surrounding areas. While no one can eliminate mold spores from your home or office, our remediation processes can quickly detect moisture sources contributing to mold colony growth and complete restoration of the affected area.
Moisture sources develop over time from leaky plumbing joints, significant water spills, even inside walls due to inadequate or damaged insulation and moisture barriers. Finding and eliminating these sources of moisture is critical to the long term control and containment of mold in your home. Mold can cause health effects.
Why Should I Use SERVPRO to Treat My Mold Problem?
At SERVPRO, we have invested in training our team members on the latest advanced mold remediation methods. Our applied structural drying, water damage restoration technicians, and applied microbial remediation specialists are trained to detect and eliminate moisture sources and contain and remove mold-infested materials.
We contain mold spores to the affected area using negative air chambers to prevent infested spores from entering other areas of your home. Air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums capture microscopic mold spores. Mold infested materials are bagged and disposed of to prevent further growth. We clean and disinfect your contents in affected areas and deodorize to remove offending odors from your home.
SERVPRO has the experience and training to address every facet of mold remediation. Elimination of the moisture source, removing mold-infested materials, cleaning and disinfecting, and assisting with restoration.
Call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills (818) 991-6292 to assist with mold remediation in your home or business.
Click here for more information about Agoura.
Does pH Play a Role in Fire Cleaning for Agoura Homes?
Do you now how to remove smoke and soot damage? SERVPRO does. Call us today!
With Varying Soils and Residues Possible After a Fire, Many Factors Influence Efficient and Thorough Cleaning
Most Agourahomeowners look at their properties after a fire loss and consider the appearance of soot and smoke residues coating surfaces as overwhelming, but do not often recognize the complications possible with removal and recovery. The residue type plays a significant part in the detergents and products used to clean them from the house's surfaces and contents. For example, most smoke residues and soot particles are acidic, making the pH of cleaning products a consideration for technicians restoring the property.
The term pH stands for the possibility for hydrogen, and the position of particles on this spectrum influences the cleaning practices chosen for fire damage in Agoura homes. Finding a balance on the pH scale with acidic particles means choosing wet cleaning strategies that introduce alkaline-based detergents and solutions into the equation. By neutralizing acids with the balanced seven on the 0-14 pH scale, dissolving and emulsification can be more efficient.
When is pH Not a Factor?
As much as acidic and basic properties can determine the appropriate cleaning products and practices, there are situations where pH is not measurable or relevant. Much of the determination about what methods and obstacles exist in cleaning is discovered during the job scoping phase before fire damage mitigation work begins. Some of the factors that can make pH irrelevant are:
- The substance does not contain water
- Products used are solvents (non-water-based liquids)
- Materials are getting discarded
Residue removal and surface cleaning are often a vital element in restoring your home after a fire loss. The potential for hydrogen (pH) can impact the necessary cleaning practices and products used to make fire losses "Like it never even happened." Give our SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills team a call today at (818) 991-6292.
More about Agoura.
Why Are Professional Restorers More Cost-Efficient After Agoura Fire Losses?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Our professionals have a fast and local response to emergencies, so there is no delay in the work that your Agoura property needs after a disaster.
Choosing to place your Agoura home in the care of professional restoration technicians and contractors might not always be a simple decision. With fire losses, especially, the damage to the property can be overwhelming and might lead less experienced homeowners to the belief that the house is a total loss. With our local restoration professionals' fast response, we can begin assessing the damage and taking the necessary steps to recover property loss.
Fire damage in Agoura homes might seem insurmountable once you have been cleared to enter the property after extinguishment. Between debris, rubbish, partial combustion, residues, and odors, fire restoration companies like our SERVPRO team must begin work immediately to prevent the situation from worsening through the continued spread of these loss effects. Determining what the home needs are the first step in this process.
What Must Happen to Restore My Damaged Agoura Home?
No two-loss incidents are identical, which means that assessment and evaluation must occur to determine the extent of damages and what can get done to remedy them. Pre-job scoping by our trained project manager is a process vital for multiple reasons. For one, this identifies areas and items in need of attention by the responding fire restorers. Additionally, documentation and photographic evidence can be collected to submit to your insurance company seeking to approve a damage claim to fund the majority of the restoration the property requires. Job scoping focuses on cataloging three main areas:
• Current Damages - Between residues and structural damages created by the spreading fire in the house, recording existing losses that our technicians must overcome can help develop an efficient restoration plan.
• Content Assessment - Personal belongings in the path of migrating fire loss effects can become destroyed. Deciding which items need to be relocated and restored can protect these belongings.
• Pre-Existing Conditions - By walking through the damaged areas with a homeowner, you can divulge pre-existing damages or conditions that do not need to be included in the house's recovery.
Is SERVPRO Faster to Any Size Disaster?
A prompt response to emergencies is not something that happens without careful planning and considerations. There are many steps vital to getting our certified technicians mobilized towards a fire-damaged structure.
• 24/7 Availability - Our technicians understand that disasters can strike at any time. Because you cannot afford to wait for regular operating hours during an emergency, we are always ready to mobilize.
• Staffed Emergency Lines - Real people on the phones answering your emergency calls to our facility means that the right questions get asked, and the right information gets collected to provide a complete restoration response.
• Pre-Stocked Production Trailers and Vehicles - Fire restoration requires many products, equipment, and technologies. By keeping trailers and vehicles stocked with these items, the Green Fleet can roll out more efficiently from our warehouse.
• Experienced Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) – The knowledge and experience of professionals can also make a difference in the efficiency of response and action once our team arrives. We waste no time getting started with the mitigation your property requires.
What Do You Need to Clean Up After a Fire Loss?
Cleaning is a vital element to every restoration project that our SERVPRO team undertakes, so fire damage recovery to a property is no different. Because there are so many layers to successful fire restoration for your home, cleaning and repairs are broken into larger sections taking place in both the mitigation and later phases of returning a property to preloss condition:
• Surface Cleaning - Soot and smoke residues are a considerable challenge that requires abrasive cleaning, dissolving, emulsifying, and oxidizing to correct.
• Content Cleaning - Your personal belongings and valuables in the house can fall victim to soot and odors. Relocation, on-site cleaning, and pack-out to our nearby SERVPRO facility can be viable solutions to protect these items.
• Deodorization - Removing odors is a common obstacle after structural losses and fires. Smoke and burning scents can become embedded in porous materials like gypsum and carpeting, requiring efficient deodorization techniques like thermal fogging.
• Repairs/Reconstruction - Repairs and reconstruction are both often inevitable with how destructive fires can become. Our experienced roster of general contractors can help with emergency services and full-scale build back as necessary.
Considering how quickly fire losses can impact homes and businesses, it is vital to get professional fire restoration companies like our SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills team on-site immediately. Give us a call anytime disasters strike at (818) 991-6292.
Can It Be Too Late for Water Damage Repair in Agoura?
Water can remain in your home after you think you have cleaned up the water damage. Contact SERVPRO for mitigation and remediation services.
No Time Like the Present -- Invite SERVPRO’s Professionals to Assess Long-Term Water Damage and Plan Repairs for Your Agoura Home
It is not uncommon for nagging maintenance issues like peeling paint or recurring stains eventually to be traced to old or current but otherwise hidden water damage. Our managers and technicians master the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training before assessing and planning your project. We have a wealth of strategies at our disposal to repair any water damage “Like it never even happened.”
What Are Signs of “Old” Water Damage?
Water damage repair poses challenges for Agoura residents, but not only when you find yourself wading through standing fluids or wiping down walls or floors sprayed because of a burst pipe or broken appliance hose. Leaking through tiny cracks in pipes and fittings, seepage around insufficiently caulked tubs, and drips from clogged air conditioner drains do minor damage to start. Over time the harm compounds behind, between, under, and over structural components. Signals that you have trouble brewing include:
- Walls that gleam or “sweat” with a light coating of moisture
- Floors that squeak, feel “bouncy,” or show signs of an incline -- objects roll or slide without an outside force, for example
- Woodwork that pulls away from the wall material, leaving gaps by crown moldings, window and door frames, and baseboards
- Plaster walls that exhibit new or expanded cracks
- Paint that bubbles or blisters
- Stains that appear on surfaces
- Bulges that push down from ceilings or out from walls
- Musty or “wet” smells that fail to respond to cleaning or air freshers
What Can Professionals Do to Manage Long Term Water Damage Repair?
The SERVPRO team uses sensitive devices to locate the active leaks and absorbed moisture. We employ controlled demolition techniques to get a better view of the damage. For example, we might:
- Remove the toe kicks under a cabinet or pry off woodwork to evaluate the severity of the damage.
- Determine which supports and substrate materials are unreasonably weakened and destined for removal and rebuilding.
- Extract caches of standing water after making flood cuts or holes to release the fluids.
- Determine drying goals and use professional equipment to evaporate absorbed water.
The highly-trained managers and technicians of SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills use best-practices strategies to assess and repair primary and secondary water damage of any type. Call us at (818) 991-6292 for a professional evaluation and plan.
Click here for more information about Agoura.