Can Your Company Remove all of the Mold in My Agoura House?
Spotting the source of mold growth in your home can be quite difficult. Contact SERVPRO for professional remediation and mitigation services.
Team SERVPRO Can Tackle the Mold Infestation in Your Home
Mold spores exist almost everywhere inside our homes as well as outside in the natural environment. Mold colonies can form wherever there are moisture and food sources. Mold spores can enter your home on your clothes, pets, or even through an open window.
Our highly trained SERVPRO team provides mold remediation services in Agoura and surrounding areas. While no one can eliminate mold spores from your home or office, our remediation processes can quickly detect moisture sources contributing to mold colony growth and complete restoration of the affected area.
Moisture sources develop over time from leaky plumbing joints, significant water spills, even inside walls due to inadequate or damaged insulation and moisture barriers. Finding and eliminating these sources of moisture is critical to the long term control and containment of mold in your home. Mold can cause health effects.
Why Should I Use SERVPRO to Treat My Mold Problem?
At SERVPRO, we have invested in training our team members on the latest advanced mold remediation methods. Our applied structural drying, water damage restoration technicians, and applied microbial remediation specialists are trained to detect and eliminate moisture sources and contain and remove mold-infested materials.
We contain mold spores to the affected area using negative air chambers to prevent infested spores from entering other areas of your home. Air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums capture microscopic mold spores. Mold infested materials are bagged and disposed of to prevent further growth. We clean and disinfect your contents in affected areas and deodorize to remove offending odors from your home.
SERVPRO has the experience and training to address every facet of mold remediation. Elimination of the moisture source, removing mold-infested materials, cleaning and disinfecting, and assisting with restoration.
Call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills (818) 991-6292 to assist with mold remediation in your home or business.
Click here for more information about Agoura.
Does pH Play a Role in Fire Cleaning for Agoura Homes?
Do you now how to remove smoke and soot damage? SERVPRO does. Call us today!
With Varying Soils and Residues Possible After a Fire, Many Factors Influence Efficient and Thorough Cleaning
Most Agourahomeowners look at their properties after a fire loss and consider the appearance of soot and smoke residues coating surfaces as overwhelming, but do not often recognize the complications possible with removal and recovery. The residue type plays a significant part in the detergents and products used to clean them from the house's surfaces and contents. For example, most smoke residues and soot particles are acidic, making the pH of cleaning products a consideration for technicians restoring the property.
The term pH stands for the possibility for hydrogen, and the position of particles on this spectrum influences the cleaning practices chosen for fire damage in Agoura homes. Finding a balance on the pH scale with acidic particles means choosing wet cleaning strategies that introduce alkaline-based detergents and solutions into the equation. By neutralizing acids with the balanced seven on the 0-14 pH scale, dissolving and emulsification can be more efficient.
When is pH Not a Factor?
As much as acidic and basic properties can determine the appropriate cleaning products and practices, there are situations where pH is not measurable or relevant. Much of the determination about what methods and obstacles exist in cleaning is discovered during the job scoping phase before fire damage mitigation work begins. Some of the factors that can make pH irrelevant are:
- The substance does not contain water
- Products used are solvents (non-water-based liquids)
- Materials are getting discarded
Residue removal and surface cleaning are often a vital element in restoring your home after a fire loss. The potential for hydrogen (pH) can impact the necessary cleaning practices and products used to make fire losses "Like it never even happened." Give our SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills team a call today at (818) 991-6292.
More about Agoura.
Why Are Professional Restorers More Cost-Efficient After Agoura Fire Losses?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Our professionals have a fast and local response to emergencies, so there is no delay in the work that your Agoura property needs after a disaster.
Choosing to place your Agoura home in the care of professional restoration technicians and contractors might not always be a simple decision. With fire losses, especially, the damage to the property can be overwhelming and might lead less experienced homeowners to the belief that the house is a total loss. With our local restoration professionals' fast response, we can begin assessing the damage and taking the necessary steps to recover property loss.
Fire damage in Agoura homes might seem insurmountable once you have been cleared to enter the property after extinguishment. Between debris, rubbish, partial combustion, residues, and odors, fire restoration companies like our SERVPRO team must begin work immediately to prevent the situation from worsening through the continued spread of these loss effects. Determining what the home needs are the first step in this process.
What Must Happen to Restore My Damaged Agoura Home?
No two-loss incidents are identical, which means that assessment and evaluation must occur to determine the extent of damages and what can get done to remedy them. Pre-job scoping by our trained project manager is a process vital for multiple reasons. For one, this identifies areas and items in need of attention by the responding fire restorers. Additionally, documentation and photographic evidence can be collected to submit to your insurance company seeking to approve a damage claim to fund the majority of the restoration the property requires. Job scoping focuses on cataloging three main areas:
• Current Damages - Between residues and structural damages created by the spreading fire in the house, recording existing losses that our technicians must overcome can help develop an efficient restoration plan.
• Content Assessment - Personal belongings in the path of migrating fire loss effects can become destroyed. Deciding which items need to be relocated and restored can protect these belongings.
• Pre-Existing Conditions - By walking through the damaged areas with a homeowner, you can divulge pre-existing damages or conditions that do not need to be included in the house's recovery.
Is SERVPRO Faster to Any Size Disaster?
A prompt response to emergencies is not something that happens without careful planning and considerations. There are many steps vital to getting our certified technicians mobilized towards a fire-damaged structure.
• 24/7 Availability - Our technicians understand that disasters can strike at any time. Because you cannot afford to wait for regular operating hours during an emergency, we are always ready to mobilize.
• Staffed Emergency Lines - Real people on the phones answering your emergency calls to our facility means that the right questions get asked, and the right information gets collected to provide a complete restoration response.
• Pre-Stocked Production Trailers and Vehicles - Fire restoration requires many products, equipment, and technologies. By keeping trailers and vehicles stocked with these items, the Green Fleet can roll out more efficiently from our warehouse.
• Experienced Fire & Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT) – The knowledge and experience of professionals can also make a difference in the efficiency of response and action once our team arrives. We waste no time getting started with the mitigation your property requires.
What Do You Need to Clean Up After a Fire Loss?
Cleaning is a vital element to every restoration project that our SERVPRO team undertakes, so fire damage recovery to a property is no different. Because there are so many layers to successful fire restoration for your home, cleaning and repairs are broken into larger sections taking place in both the mitigation and later phases of returning a property to preloss condition:
• Surface Cleaning - Soot and smoke residues are a considerable challenge that requires abrasive cleaning, dissolving, emulsifying, and oxidizing to correct.
• Content Cleaning - Your personal belongings and valuables in the house can fall victim to soot and odors. Relocation, on-site cleaning, and pack-out to our nearby SERVPRO facility can be viable solutions to protect these items.
• Deodorization - Removing odors is a common obstacle after structural losses and fires. Smoke and burning scents can become embedded in porous materials like gypsum and carpeting, requiring efficient deodorization techniques like thermal fogging.
• Repairs/Reconstruction - Repairs and reconstruction are both often inevitable with how destructive fires can become. Our experienced roster of general contractors can help with emergency services and full-scale build back as necessary.
Considering how quickly fire losses can impact homes and businesses, it is vital to get professional fire restoration companies like our SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills team on-site immediately. Give us a call anytime disasters strike at (818) 991-6292.
Can It Be Too Late for Water Damage Repair in Agoura?
Water can remain in your home after you think you have cleaned up the water damage. Contact SERVPRO for mitigation and remediation services.
No Time Like the Present -- Invite SERVPRO’s Professionals to Assess Long-Term Water Damage and Plan Repairs for Your Agoura Home
It is not uncommon for nagging maintenance issues like peeling paint or recurring stains eventually to be traced to old or current but otherwise hidden water damage. Our managers and technicians master the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training before assessing and planning your project. We have a wealth of strategies at our disposal to repair any water damage “Like it never even happened.”
What Are Signs of “Old” Water Damage?
Water damage repair poses challenges for Agoura residents, but not only when you find yourself wading through standing fluids or wiping down walls or floors sprayed because of a burst pipe or broken appliance hose. Leaking through tiny cracks in pipes and fittings, seepage around insufficiently caulked tubs, and drips from clogged air conditioner drains do minor damage to start. Over time the harm compounds behind, between, under, and over structural components. Signals that you have trouble brewing include:
- Walls that gleam or “sweat” with a light coating of moisture
- Floors that squeak, feel “bouncy,” or show signs of an incline -- objects roll or slide without an outside force, for example
- Woodwork that pulls away from the wall material, leaving gaps by crown moldings, window and door frames, and baseboards
- Plaster walls that exhibit new or expanded cracks
- Paint that bubbles or blisters
- Stains that appear on surfaces
- Bulges that push down from ceilings or out from walls
- Musty or “wet” smells that fail to respond to cleaning or air freshers
What Can Professionals Do to Manage Long Term Water Damage Repair?
The SERVPRO team uses sensitive devices to locate the active leaks and absorbed moisture. We employ controlled demolition techniques to get a better view of the damage. For example, we might:
- Remove the toe kicks under a cabinet or pry off woodwork to evaluate the severity of the damage.
- Determine which supports and substrate materials are unreasonably weakened and destined for removal and rebuilding.
- Extract caches of standing water after making flood cuts or holes to release the fluids.
- Determine drying goals and use professional equipment to evaporate absorbed water.
The highly-trained managers and technicians of SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills use best-practices strategies to assess and repair primary and secondary water damage of any type. Call us at (818) 991-6292 for a professional evaluation and plan.
Click here for more information about Agoura.
Is My Agoura Home Safe to Reoccupy After a Storm Floods?
To schedule a response team to arrive at your home here or in Agoura Hills, contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills!
To Restore Your Agoura Home After a Flood, Call SERVPRO
Why is Cleaning My Home After a Flood So Important?
When the flooding is stormwater, flood damage in Agoura has the additional problem of contaminants (soil, insecticides, etc.) that got into the water before it entered your home. SERVPRO Response Teams train extensively to remove them from your home.
What Do Response Teams Use To Clean My Home?
They use an extensive inventory of cleaning agents that not only remove dirt and grime but also kill most harmful bacteria and other contaminants that can make residents and pets sick, as well as ruin property. Most of our cleaners fall into three categories:
• Antimicrobials are used against contaminants to prevent their development or to limit or stop bacterial and fungal growth (fungistats, for example). Included also are disinfectants, germicides, sporicides, and virucides.
• Disinfectants are antimicrobials that destroy about 99 percent of organisms on contact, but they may not affect many types of bacteria or fungi. Examples include alcohol, chlorines, and formaldehyde.
• Sanitizers decrease microbial numbers to acceptable levels. Sanitizers are short-lived, though, and microbes could grow back again under the right conditions.
How Do I Know SERVPRO Safely Uses These Chemicals?
SERVPRO Response Teams train to meet all EPA requirements for safe application of all cleaning agents. That means we rigidly follow guidelines and labeling:
• Stay in full accordance with the product labeling in terms of application, dilution ratios, and storage.
• Use methods that allow for full physical contact of the cleaning agents with all contaminated materials and surfaces.
• Allow sufficient dwell time for the solution to be effective. Maintain the most effective temperature and pH levels for each cleaning agent.
• Fully apply cleaners to the subfloor, tack strips, bottom plates, and walls to discourage microbial growth and the accompanying development of odors.
To schedule a response team to arrive at your home here or in Agoura Hills, contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 today.
For more about Agoura click here.
I Want a Say in My Business’s Recovery -- Is There a Way to Prepare for Collaborative Water Damage Restoration in Agoura?
Call us at (818) 991-6292 for immediate assistance after a loss or to explore an ERP.
Respectful and Transparent Communication Are Essential Components of SERVPRO’s Relationship with Commercial Customers in Agoura, Sharing the Challenge of Water Damage Restoration
Business owners in Agoura often have a “take-charge” type of personality. Because of this, they perhaps struggle more during the restoration period after a disaster if they feel a loss of control. Finding a disaster recovery firm that prefers to work closely and on an equal footing with commercial customers is a plus. When coordinated constructively, this partnership results in a high level of success and customer satisfaction and often translates into more rapid completion of the project.
Can Water Damage Restoration Be Structured to Permit at Least Limited Continued Operation?
Many are all familiar with the statistics that warn a Agoura business might not recover from water damage if restoration lags. Your distribution center needs to move inventory to waiting customers. Loading and delivery can continue only if your restoration company understands your operations and adapts the mitigation and remediation agenda to permit a controlled rendition of “business as usual.” Our managers are creative within the constraints of best practices and are more than willing to devise a plan that allows restoration and operations to occur concurrently.
How Can We Create a Separation of the Active Restoration and Our Business Operations?
SERVPRO is familiar with setting up a flexible series of smaller water extraction and drying areas during a project. Useful in any type of restoration, the commercial application can be a business saver if planned and executed well. Every commercial building features different configurations, so we depend on you to know your site well and share pertinent information with our project manager. Once we identify together a space where your staff can continue working in at least a limited way, our crew gets busy:
• Erecting baffles and barriers to prevent the flow of water into your designated workspace
• Identifying containment areas where we can extract water and start structural drying safely
-Can use existing doors and partitions if robust enough to separate the area
-Can involve wrapping space with 1.6 mil polyethylene and adding air scrubbing technology inside to seal perimeters and filter and vent contaminated airborne debris
• Commencing aggressive extraction of the standing water
-Using pumps and truck-mount extractors
-Wanding at the dry edges of carpeting if in the space to mitigate spread, and then switching to weighted extractors to dry carpeting in place, following the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) best practices
• Periodically testing structures and fixtures for moisture presence and levels
• Using moisture data to determine drying goals
• Implementing the structural drying plan devised:
-Striking a balance of air movement, temperature, and humidity to facilitate evaporation of absorbed moisture
-Setting up air movers and dehumidifiers that we trust you and your staff to allow to operate until the achievement of the drying goals
What About Pre-Planning? Can We Get Together on a Proactive Disaster Plan?
We urge our commercial customers to consider working with us to develop an Emergency READY Profile and Plan to streamline the response if a water or other loss happens on your business property. The purpose of the ERP is to create a concise, digital plan to respond when a property damage crisis arises. An experienced project manager travels to your commercial building to do an assessment. We learn from you about how your business operates, how you store supplies and inventory, what the blueprint of all your working spaces looks like, and where critical equipment and business records are located. Armed with that information we:
• Evaluate the potential vulnerabilities of your property to a range of disasters
• Identify strengths (disaster-related) in your current circumstances
• Prepare recommendations based on the above to help you limit exposure in the event of a water disaster
You can add details through the use of our mobile app, sharing:
• Contact information about vendors and contractors who developed and installed your equipment and systems
• Your determination to appoint us as your designated restoration company
• Your priorities in the case of a water or other disaster
• Designated employees, family members, or other individuals who can act for you if you are not available during all or any part of the restoration process
Your partnership with SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills during water damage restoration ensures a successful outcome. Your strong business skill set proves to be an excellent fit for our training and experience. Call us at (818) 991-6292 for immediate assistance after a loss or to explore an ERP.
After a Major House Fire, Can We Restore Our Agoura Home?
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, Contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292.
The SERVPRO Team Cleans Contents and the Structure of Your Agoura House
It is essential to distinguish the different elements in your Agoura home. The structure is the building itself, whereas the contents are your personal belongings. Our team works on both restoring the structure of your home and the contents within your home. The structural cleaning occurs on-premise, whereas contents often go to an offsite location for the most comprehensive cleaning.
Does SERVPRO Dispose of Unsalvageable Building Materials?
Our Agoura Team Strives Toward Restoration Rather than Replacement
Your fire damaged Agoura home may require extensive repairs after a substantial house fire. Our goal is to clean and restore your home as much as possible without removing and replacing building materials or personal belongings. However, there are times that items are unsalvageable. In these cases, SERVPRO technicians take proper precautions and dispose of objects according to local and state regulations.
What Emergency Measures Should I Expect?
• Our team inspects the building to assess the damage and detect any health hazards.
• Your property may require boarding up to protect from the outside elements and provide additional security.
• If the electricity is out, our restoration team arranges for temporary power.
• Technicians may conduct preliminary cleaning to mitigate further damages created by smoke residue resting on surfaces for too long.
What Are the Basic Cleaning Methods for Structural Cleaning?
• Washable: Surfaces that are washable with a cleaning solution. These surfaces can sustain wet cleaning without additional damage.
• Non-Washable: Surfaces that are not washable. A water-based cleaning product could create additional damage to the surface in question.
For 24/7 assistance after a fire, Contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster.
What Are The Signs Of Water Damage In My Home in Agoura Hills?
Our SERVPRO technicians can show you exactly what you should look for to indicate a possible water intrusion in your home. Give us a call today.
Agoura Hills Homeowners Should Check For These Water Damage Indicators
If you have a house in Agoura Hills, you want to keep it in good condition. A well-cared-for home is a healthier place to live. Looking after your house also helps it retain its value, so it is easier to sell if you want to move.
Water damage in Agoura Hills is a problem for homeowners. Water damage is not always as apparent as a flooded basement or a massive puddle in the utility room. Sometimes the signs of water damage are more subtle.
Why is it important to pay attention to water damage signs?
Many people overlook the subtle signs of water damage. SERVPRO wants homeowners to know how important it is to deal with problems as soon as you spot them. If you do not, you run the risk of the problem getting bigger and causing structural damage to your house.
What signs should I look out for?
Here are some signs that you might have water damage at home:
- Water leaking from or pooling around faucets, toilets, or water tanks
- Damp or dark patches on the ceiling
- Visible mold growth or a moldy smell
- Hearing a drip or the sound of water running
- A sudden increase in your utility bills
If you see any of those signs, it is time to call in professional help.
How can SERVPRO detect if I have a water damage problem?
SERVPRO teams are equipped with a range of equipment to help detect water damage, including:
- Moisture sensors to examine carpets and padding
- Thermal imaging equipment that senses heat on the surface of walls and ceilings and can, therefore, spot colder damp patches
- Moisture meters that measure the amount of water in various materials such as drywall or wood
- Thermo-hygrometers to measure the temperature and relative humidity levels of the air
Our technicians use this equipment to detect moisture in your home and determine whether there is a problem. If there is a water damage issue, our teams have access to vacs, pumps, air movers, and dryers to handle the situation.
If you are concerned about water damage in your home, do not delay. Call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292.
Find out more about Agoura Hills.
Where Can I Find Flood Damage Mitigation After a Bad Storm in Agoura?
If your home is in need of flood damage mitigation, don't wait.
SERVPRO of Agoura is Here For Your Flood Damage Mitigation Needs!
While it is rare for hurricanes or typhoons to crash into California, that does not mean the city of Agoura is safe from a sudden intense storm. Whenever you live adjacent to a water body, it is wise to consider that your home could experience flood damage at some point. Whether it is a river, ocean, or lake, a sudden storm could cause water levels to rise and flood the nearby area. If you live at a lower altitude, water may even rush downhill toward your home, as it follows the direction of gravity.
Flood damage may never hit your Agoura home, but it doesn't hurt to be ready, just in case. There are a few ways you can prepare your home for a flood, especially if you know a severe storm is about to roll into your city. If a flood does impact your home, always remember to call a flood damage restoration company, like SERVPRO, immediately.
What Can I Do to Help Prepare For a Storm?
If you know a severe storm is imminent, you can do a few things to help your home weather it. You can:
• Board up any vulnerable windows, especially ones with damage
• Ensure the outside doors to your home are not compromised in any way
• Work with SERVPRO to create an Emergency READY Profile Plan for your home
Preparation can be the key to avoiding unnecessary damages in your home. However, there are times no amount of foresight can help you. Water tends to carve its own path, and sometimes it can be right through your home.
What Should I Do If Flood Water Gets Inside My Home?
If a storm hits your home and brings floodwater inside, you should consider doing the following:
• Immediately calling for emergency services, the faster, the better
• Avoiding contact with the water, as floods can carry harmful substances
• Use an exit strategy to leave safely
Remember, when it comes to floods, it's always essential to safely get yourself and your family out of your home.
What If the Flood Damage Is Minimal? What Should I Do?
Even a small amount of water in your home can still cause water damage. No matter the size of the damage in your home, you should:
• Call SERVPRO for help; We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
• Lay down some towels to help absorb water in the meantime
• Keep your distance from the water, as even a small volume of floodwater can be black water (contaminated)
If your home needs help, never wait to get it. For the longevity of your possessions and your property, it is the best thing you can do for your house.
What Is the Difference Between Black Water and Normal Water?
Black or greywater are terms used to describe flood water with potential contaminants in them, and they are often not safe for human contact. Blackwater may contain:
• Biohazards, such as used medical equipment
• Sewage or other biowastes
• Petroleum gas and chemicals
When it comes to flood damage inside of your home, it is often best to avoid direct contact with it until professionals have identified its status.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Remove the Excess Water in My Home?
Our technicians can bring advanced equipment into your home to remove the standing water inside. Devices we use include:
• Portable truck-mounted pumps
• Wet/dry vacuums
• Flood drying mats
Drying your home may require our technicians to use many devices in conjunction with each other. For example, when dehumidifiers, air movers, heaters, and flood drying mats are used together, they create an optimal environment for evaporation. These devices are typically used once standing water has been removed, to ensure further excess moisture cannot get out of hand.
Furthermore, to help reduce the risks of mold damage, our technicians may decide to make flood cuts in your home. Removing only the damaged sections, instead of entire drywall sheets, helps us keep your remediation costs low. Additionally, partial deconstruction helps unnecessary garbage stay out of landfills.
What Do Your Technicians Do With Ruined Materials?
If our technicians have to make flood cuts, remove insulation, or cut out flooring, we do not leave the mess behind for you to clean up. We can:
• Bag up garbage around your home, including the materials
• Leave materials by the roadside for city garbage removal
• Clean your home thoroughly afterward, so you feel, “Like it never even happened.”
Here at SERVPRO, we're dedicating to making the remediation process easy for you.
If your home is in need of flood damage mitigation, don't wait. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills by dialing (818) 991-6292. Our technicians are always ready to help you restore your home.
Where Do I Start to Put My Home Back Together After A Fire?
Has your home experienced fire damage? SERVPRO is always on call for your emergency home restoration needs.
Call SERVPRO to Restore Your Agoura Home After Any Disaster
Most physical destruction in residential fires stays near the point of origin. Even when restricted to one or two rooms, the breadth of damage can require extensive knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, surface cleaning, and furniture restoration. Our restoration teams can do all of this, and more.
Where Do Your Teams Start Work?
SERVPRO technicians begin eliminating Agoura fire damage by cleaning the smoke residues off every affected surface. While wiping down drywall and ceiling tiles is relatively simple, removing them from furniture can be difficult. Team members use an extensive inventory of cleaning agents that altogether remove residues without harming the veneers, paint, or the wood underneath.
What About the Damage from the Heat?
High temperatures can quickly burn through almost anything. With this physical damage, technicians utilize their training in demolition. Using a kitchen as an example, they tear out and remove property like framing, countertops, cabinets, and even appliances. After completing the disposal, an inspector examines every foot of exposed pipe and wire for damage.
Next, technicians rewire your home and install a new pipe where needed. Once the city inspector approves our work, staff carpenters install new wall framing and other support structures and then hang new paneling to enclose the kitchen. They can install new appliances if the warranty allows it.
What About Making my Now Rebuilt House Look Like Home?
As long as the color of paint and wallpaper you want is available, SERVPRO team members can make your residence look like it did before the fire. Where possible with the insurance company, some customers use this disaster to improve their home, upgrading paint, wallpaper, carpets, and more. We ensure every effort our technicians take in your home is approved by your carrier.
To schedule a visit and start the restoration, call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills today at (818) 991-6292. We are here for you.
More about Agoura.