Where Can I Find Flood Damage Mitigation After a Bad Storm in Agoura?
If your home is in need of flood damage mitigation, don't wait.
SERVPRO of Agoura is Here For Your Flood Damage Mitigation Needs!
While it is rare for hurricanes or typhoons to crash into California, that does not mean the city of Agoura is safe from a sudden intense storm. Whenever you live adjacent to a water body, it is wise to consider that your home could experience flood damage at some point. Whether it is a river, ocean, or lake, a sudden storm could cause water levels to rise and flood the nearby area. If you live at a lower altitude, water may even rush downhill toward your home, as it follows the direction of gravity.
Flood damage may never hit your Agoura home, but it doesn't hurt to be ready, just in case. There are a few ways you can prepare your home for a flood, especially if you know a severe storm is about to roll into your city. If a flood does impact your home, always remember to call a flood damage restoration company, like SERVPRO, immediately.
What Can I Do to Help Prepare For a Storm?
If you know a severe storm is imminent, you can do a few things to help your home weather it. You can:
• Board up any vulnerable windows, especially ones with damage
• Ensure the outside doors to your home are not compromised in any way
• Work with SERVPRO to create an Emergency READY Profile Plan for your home
Preparation can be the key to avoiding unnecessary damages in your home. However, there are times no amount of foresight can help you. Water tends to carve its own path, and sometimes it can be right through your home.
What Should I Do If Flood Water Gets Inside My Home?
If a storm hits your home and brings floodwater inside, you should consider doing the following:
• Immediately calling for emergency services, the faster, the better
• Avoiding contact with the water, as floods can carry harmful substances
• Use an exit strategy to leave safely
Remember, when it comes to floods, it's always essential to safely get yourself and your family out of your home.
What If the Flood Damage Is Minimal? What Should I Do?
Even a small amount of water in your home can still cause water damage. No matter the size of the damage in your home, you should:
• Call SERVPRO for help; We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
• Lay down some towels to help absorb water in the meantime
• Keep your distance from the water, as even a small volume of floodwater can be black water (contaminated)
If your home needs help, never wait to get it. For the longevity of your possessions and your property, it is the best thing you can do for your house.
What Is the Difference Between Black Water and Normal Water?
Black or greywater are terms used to describe flood water with potential contaminants in them, and they are often not safe for human contact. Blackwater may contain:
• Biohazards, such as used medical equipment
• Sewage or other biowastes
• Petroleum gas and chemicals
When it comes to flood damage inside of your home, it is often best to avoid direct contact with it until professionals have identified its status.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Remove the Excess Water in My Home?
Our technicians can bring advanced equipment into your home to remove the standing water inside. Devices we use include:
• Portable truck-mounted pumps
• Wet/dry vacuums
• Flood drying mats
Drying your home may require our technicians to use many devices in conjunction with each other. For example, when dehumidifiers, air movers, heaters, and flood drying mats are used together, they create an optimal environment for evaporation. These devices are typically used once standing water has been removed, to ensure further excess moisture cannot get out of hand.
Furthermore, to help reduce the risks of mold damage, our technicians may decide to make flood cuts in your home. Removing only the damaged sections, instead of entire drywall sheets, helps us keep your remediation costs low. Additionally, partial deconstruction helps unnecessary garbage stay out of landfills.
What Do Your Technicians Do With Ruined Materials?
If our technicians have to make flood cuts, remove insulation, or cut out flooring, we do not leave the mess behind for you to clean up. We can:
• Bag up garbage around your home, including the materials
• Leave materials by the roadside for city garbage removal
• Clean your home thoroughly afterward, so you feel, “Like it never even happened.”
Here at SERVPRO, we're dedicating to making the remediation process easy for you.
If your home is in need of flood damage mitigation, don't wait. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills by dialing (818) 991-6292. Our technicians are always ready to help you restore your home.
Where Do I Start to Put My Home Back Together After A Fire?
Has your home experienced fire damage? SERVPRO is always on call for your emergency home restoration needs.
Call SERVPRO to Restore Your Agoura Home After Any Disaster
Most physical destruction in residential fires stays near the point of origin. Even when restricted to one or two rooms, the breadth of damage can require extensive knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, surface cleaning, and furniture restoration. Our restoration teams can do all of this, and more.
Where Do Your Teams Start Work?
SERVPRO technicians begin eliminating Agoura fire damage by cleaning the smoke residues off every affected surface. While wiping down drywall and ceiling tiles is relatively simple, removing them from furniture can be difficult. Team members use an extensive inventory of cleaning agents that altogether remove residues without harming the veneers, paint, or the wood underneath.
What About the Damage from the Heat?
High temperatures can quickly burn through almost anything. With this physical damage, technicians utilize their training in demolition. Using a kitchen as an example, they tear out and remove property like framing, countertops, cabinets, and even appliances. After completing the disposal, an inspector examines every foot of exposed pipe and wire for damage.
Next, technicians rewire your home and install a new pipe where needed. Once the city inspector approves our work, staff carpenters install new wall framing and other support structures and then hang new paneling to enclose the kitchen. They can install new appliances if the warranty allows it.
What About Making my Now Rebuilt House Look Like Home?
As long as the color of paint and wallpaper you want is available, SERVPRO team members can make your residence look like it did before the fire. Where possible with the insurance company, some customers use this disaster to improve their home, upgrading paint, wallpaper, carpets, and more. We ensure every effort our technicians take in your home is approved by your carrier.
To schedule a visit and start the restoration, call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills today at (818) 991-6292. We are here for you.
More about Agoura.
My Town Experienced a Flood but Only Part of My Business Flooded- What Should I Do?
After your home suffers flood damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you with cleanup. Call SERVPRO right away! We are always available.
SERVPRO Flood Restoration Specialists Can Create Drying Zones to Target Only Impacted Areas of Your Agoura Business.
Flooding for an Agoura business does not mean that your company is doomed forever, especially if only a portion sustained damage. SERVPRO technicians establish drying zones to target only the affected areas of the structure and its interior. We understand that walking into your office and seeing the break room flooded from an intense summer storm can hinder the office productivity and impact your daily business. We understand that by targeting only the loss-area you can run the rest of your office as normally as possible.
What is a Drying Zone?
A drying zone is just like it sounds; the affected area of your Agoura business can be sectioned off by sealing plastic curtains (polypropylene 6-mil in thickness) along entry-ways. This is particularly effective with flood damage in an office suite setting so that you can still function while the impacted area dries. This way, technicians can control the humidity and temperature in the drying zone to expedite the process while allowing free movement of people and air in other areas. High humidity can also damage electronic equipment, fixtures and furniture.
What Are Some Things to Consider in Drying Zones?
- Air movement equipment facilitates dry air traveling across wet building materials.
- Dry air in the drying zone stays dry and does not become tainted with outside humid air.
- A drying chamber between the affected and unaffected areas allows a place for SERVPRO technicians to dry contents without bringing the items into the untouched area.
There are times when flooding is severe, and many contents sustain damage. In those cases, the items may require attention in an offsite storage facility to aid in their restoration. For 24/7 assistance after a flood, contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292.
Find out more about Agoura
What Can Be Done about Smoke and Foul Odors in My Fire-Damaged Home?
Let our experts at SERVPRO help rid your home of pesky odors the right way.
In Order to Successfully Remove Residual Fire-Related Smoke and Smells from Your Agoura Home, You Need Assistance from Skilled Fire Cleaning and Remediation Experts.
Agoura, located just on the other side of the hills from Malibu, often seems like a dreamy place to live. Cradled between a series of rolling hills and within a short drive of the southern California coastline, the community possesses a great deal of scenic beauty and offers numerous recreational opportunities. Unfortunately, all this comes with a downside, as its area suffers devastating yearly wildfires during the summer and fall months. Every year, thousands of acres are burned in this part of California, and fire damage done to local homes often reaches into the tens of millions of dollars.
What Actually Happens When My House and Its Contents Burn?
SERVPRO, and other Agoura fire damage cleaning and restoration companies, routinely deal with the severe effects of combustion in confined spaces. Combustion, or the chemical process by which heat turns solids into gases, generally produces toxic smoke, soot residues, and related unpleasant odors. Specifically, the process creates some of the following hazards:
The smoke that contains toxic gases like carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, and sulfur dioxide
Airborne particles containing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) that may irritate your respiratory tract and cause negative long-term health effects.
Acidic soot residues that could corrode metallic surfaces and discolor materials it comes into contact with
Odorous airborne particles and deposited residues
As you can see, fires yield numerous harmful products. When various materials combust, they produce a mix of invisible gases, airborne particles, and aerosols. These components are collectively called “smoke.” Burning organic materials give off the hazardous gases nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide. Inorganic materials, as they combust, yield sulfur dioxide and other substances. Combusting items made out of petroleum products and other compounds could give off even more toxic gases. As a fire subsides, smoke eventually dissipates, airborne particles combine with oxygen and moisture, and the resulting soot residues fall onto surfaces. These residues are often acidic, give off unpleasant smells, and can harm the surfaces they land on.
How Does SERVPRO Remove Residual Smoke and Neutralize Odors?
SERVPRO uses various tools and methods to remove residual smoke and neutralize fire damage-related odors. Their advanced gear and techniques include:
Air movers and high-velocity box fans to swiftly ventilate your home, clearing away remaining smoke and its odors
Air-filtering scrubbers that remove odorous particles and gases from your home’s interior, while drawing in clean exterior air
Ozone-producing machines that emit a gas that counteracts odor particles
Vaportek systems that eliminate unpleasant smells with aerosolized natural oils
HVAC cleaning systems that are comprised of a powerful vacuum, agitators, and a filtration network
Pressure sprayers to deodorize affected structural components
Ultra-low volume (ULV) foggers to deodorize and seal impacted parts of your home
Thermal foggers that counteract bad smells with aerosolized deodorizers
Injection devices that can be used to inject deodorants into carpets and upholstery
After completing work on your house, our technicians have usually eliminated all the residual smoke and its unpleasant smells.
What Does SERVPRO Do to Clean Up Smelly Residues?
Smoke and other particulate matter in the air are not the only culprits of bad fire-related smells. Soot residues that have fallen out of the air onto surfaces around your home are just as much at fault. Therefore, in order to effectively eliminate odors, it is also necessary to clean up these smelly residues. Some of the tools and methods we use to do this are:
Removing light, non-grease smoke residues with dry cleaning sponges
Cleaning soiled delicate structural elements and items with the peroxide active cleaning technique
Pressure washing structural elements with lighter, non-grease residues
Using abrasive blasting, wire brushing, or scraping to clean away heavy smoke residues and charring
In all of these ways, SERVPRO technicians clean and restore impacted surfaces to their preloss condition.
As an Agoura resident, you should remain mindful of the yearly wildfire threat. Between June and October or so, hot and dry local conditions often ignite forest fires. These can appear suddenly and without notice, and you never know where they might start or where they could end. However, If a wildfire ever damages your home, there are cleaning and remediation companies that can help you. They can often successfully eliminate odors, remove harmful residues, and return your home to its pre-fire state.
In the future, if raging fires impact your home, act fast to mitigate further issues. Have experts eliminate unwanted fire-related smells, remove airborne particles that may cause negative health effects, and clean away harmful residues from your house. Contact SERVPRO of Agoura/Calabasas/Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 for help.
Who Can Dry the Pipe Leak in My Agoura Bathroom?
When water leaks, it's time to take swift action and call the pros. Contact SERVPRO for quick water damage mitigation.
SERVPRO Provides Comprehensive Water Removal Services for Agoura Homes
While bathrooms can handle large amounts of moisture compared to other parts of your Agoura home, pipe leaks can quickly prove to be more than your bathroom walls can handle. Without fast mitigation, Agoura homeowners can expect mold, odors, bubbling and peeling paint, and crumbling drywall to develop.
When you need water removal for your Agoura home, SERVPRO provides mitigation that returns your home to a preloss condition. SERVPRO technicians can come to your home in as little as four hours after your call to begin cleanup.
SERVPRO’s Education Initiatives
SERVPRO technicians, staff, and franchise owners alike receive thorough training on a variety of disaster mitigation related topics, including:
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Franchise owners are given hands-on education from SERVPRO’s corporate training facility on the above subjects as well as mold mitigation. All staff also have access to self-paced e-Learning courses to deepen knowledge of industry standards and mitigation processes.
SERVPRO’s Extraction Process
SERVPRO’s extraction tools vary in size and scope to address everything from large-scale damage to water hiding in hard-to-reach nooks and crannies. Whether technicians need portable, back-mounted extractors or truck-mounted extraction systems, these devices operate with three different systems:
For water extraction, most devices use only the vacuum system, but the other two are essential for cleaning and restoring water-damaged contents such as upholstery. A portable extraction unit or wand can handle much of the moisture present due to a pinhole pipe leak in a wall cavity.
SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills offers emergency-response cleanup that is Faster to Any Size Disaster. Call (818) 991-6292 to begin the mitigation process.
Click here for more information about Agoura.
What is the Fastest Way to Get Water Out of the Floor of a Gym in Agoura?
When commercial water damage is the issue, call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292.
SERVPRO has the extraction equipment and training to turn around any size water loss to an Agoura property
When water damage happens in a commercial property, the cleanup needs to begin rapidly, so the business has as little downtime as possible during the restoration services. Failure to act quickly can result in bigger issues such as mold or foul odors to deal with on top of the water.
Can Carpet on Concrete Get Reinstalled After Commercial Water Damage Cleanup?
Commercial water damage in an Agoura gym needs rapid responses for the best outcome. The materials that make up the carpet used in a gym or other public use business are part of what determines how restorable an item is. Other considerations include:
• Whether or not mold is present
• Length of time water exposure occurred
• How degraded the water on-site is
Restoration Steps in Commercial Properties
SERVPRO techs put safety for all first during cleanup from water loss and tape off the loss area to avoid dangerous situations such as slip and fall accidents. The carpet in most gyms gets made from easy-to-disinfect materials such as latex or rubberized coatings and also repels water. This makes the potential for reuse after cleaning in the property owner's favor. SERVPRO technicians extract the water and use their equipment to track the migration path to ensure nothing gets missed during cleanup. Then they dry the loss area and hand clean all surfaces to get the gym ready for patrons once again.
When commercial water damage is the issue, call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292. The certified technicians show up quickly and are available 24/7 to restore your property from any size water loss.
For more about Agoura click here.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open in Agoura, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills today at (818) 991-6292 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision makers on first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. Study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
What Should I Do After a Water Leak in My Home?
A water leak in your home can take over, call SERVPRO to help you.
You Can Contact SERVPRO to Perform Water Removal in Your Agoura Residence
Water damage can be a traumatic experience for any Agoura property owner. Being informed about the consequences of water damage and how to handle the problem can help you overcome it more efficiently.
What should I do after a water loss incident?
First, you should contact a water damage restoration company as soon as you can. Do not wait to perform water removal in your Agoura home because the water can cause irreparable damage to drywall, carpets, and appliances in your house. In any water loss incident, we seek to limit the amount of destruction, which reduces repair costs significantly and helps maintain the structural integrity of a home. Afterward, contact your insurance company to begin the claims process. If you are safe, turn off the utilities in your home to prevent additional damage. Do not walk through a pool of water if you have not turned off the electricity.
What are the consequences of water damage?
After a water intrusion incident, you may have to deal with several issues. Some consequences of a water leak include:
- Damaged belongings. There is a good chance that you need to throw away some belongings. Our technicians can sort through your belongings to determine which ones to restore and which ones to discard.
- Unsanitary conditions – Pooling water can put you and your family at risk of disease.
- Electrical damage – Water can ruin electrical wires, electrical equipment, and cause a short-circuiting hazard in your home.
- A musty, damp smell – Water within the walls can cause a damp smell. It is vital to check your walls for dampness since this can provide some indication of what is causing it.
- Mold growth – Mold thrives in humid environments. Even if it is not visible immediately, there is a chance that mold could be growing in your water-damaged house. Mold can cause health effects to you and your family.
- Structural damage – The structural damage linked with water damage can occur both in the short and long term. You can notice wall and flooring damage within a short time. However, if you do not remove water and moisture from your property quickly, it can sustain more serious structural damage.
How do your technicians handle a water removal project?
Our SERVPRO technicians know that proper cleanup of a house from the beginning is vital for preventing severe structural damage. Some structural components may need to be replaced, while others could be salvaged. By addressing these concerns immediately, you can reduce the cost of fixing your house and ensure it is structurally safe for you and your family.
The presence of water in a home sustains and promotes microbial growth. Therefore, the main steps in water damage mitigation or remediation are:
- Drying the environment by removing moisture and minimizing humidity levels Eliminating the contaminated materials.
- Our technicians can extract the water using specialized pumps like electric submersible pumps. We can then use air movers to increase air circulation and dehumidifiers to eliminate moisture from the air. These machines expedite the drying process.
- We can then remove the damaged materials such as baseboards, drywall, insulation, and wood and dispose of them properly. Our SERVPRO team can also handle mold damage during the restoration process. This involves disinfecting the mold-infested surfaces or removing the moldy materials.
What do you do next after water removal?
We use specialized moisture detection devices to locate any remaining moisture, particularly in hard to reach areas like under carpets, floors, and behind walls to ensure thorough drying. Some of the moisture detection tools we use include:
- Moisture meters – These devices are useful for measuring the actual moisture level or moisture content in various materials. Some meters are calibrated to measure certain materials like wood.
- Moisture sensors- We use them to detect moisture in carpets and padding. They have sharp probes that penetrate through carpeting and padding to determine if there is moisture on the subfloor beneath.
- Thermal imaging cameras- We use these devices to inspect and monitor the moisture in building materials. When we start to inspect your home, these tools can enable us to see how water traveled. When completing the drying process, thermal imaging cameras help us know if the materials are dry.
Our team also cleans a property to restore it to its pre-water damage condition. Our technicians can do the following:
- Use EPA-approved cleaning agents to clean and disinfect the affected areas thoroughly.
- Use an air scrubber to reduce or eliminate airborne contaminants.
- Restore any part of your home that sustained water damage. We can manage every phase of the restoration process, including rebuilding affected areas.
SERVPRO technicians have credentials from the Institute for Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). You can trust our expertise and experience in restoring water-damaged houses. We abide by IICRC-recommended industry standards all the time.
When you need water removal services, the restoration experts at SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills can help. Call us any time at (818) 991-6292. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Flood Damage During Rainy Season In Agoura
“Like it never even happened.”
Agoura Homes Especially Susceptible to Flood Damage During Rainy Season
Every year, between mid-October and late April, the Agoura area experiences its rainy season. During this time, heavy rains and runoff from the surrounding foothills and mountains often cause flash flooding.
The risk of flood damage in Agoura usually skyrockets during this period. Unexpected torrential rains can rapidly cause high-water issues. Normally loose dry earth can suddenly become a fast-moving mud slurry rolling downhill into low-lying areas. As this muddy water travels, it often picks up various contaminants like wastewater, fertilizers, and everyday trash. There is little-to-nothing you can do to avoid it if your home is in the path of this charging wall of dirty water.
However, following such an unfortunate occurrence, there are ways to save your house and mitigate damages. Services like SERVPRO have extensive experience in helping Agoura homeowners do just that. Last year, after heavy rains and a mudslide, a local homeowner was faced with feet of contaminated standing water in her house. SERVPRO technicians used submersible pumps and a truck-mounted extractor to remove the water from her residence.
Once our workers had extracted the standing water, they entered the house. They first sprayed EPA-approved disinfectants on affected areas to reduce health risks and limit microbial growth. Employees cleared away the remaining mud and debris with shovels and rakes. SERVPRO properly discarded drywall, carpets, and padding covered by the contaminated floodwaters. Technicians pressure washed and disinfected structural components with antimicrobial sprays.
Next, workers dried the interior of the Agoura house and its exterior walls. They drilled holes in affected interior walls and used an Injectidry system connected to a dehumidifier to dry them out. Our professionals strategically placed air movers to facilitate evaporative drying. They drilled holes at the top and base of exterior walls to aid in their drying. Workers employed moisture meters and sensors to determine when the process was complete. Afterward, technicians utilized foggers to further disinfect and deodorize the residence.
Nature is often unpredictable and can seem quite heartless. Its actions can affect us and our property without notice, at any moment. If you're ever unfortunate enough to experience its wrath, we can help. Contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 for assistance.
For more about Agoura click here.
Is It Possible To Remove All Foul Odors In My Agoura House After I Have Fire Damage?
If you ever notice burnt smells in parts of your house that were not close to your fire's source, call SERVPRO.
SERVPRO Can Conduct A Variety Of Deodorization Procedures That Can Remove Malodor Particles From Your Agoura Home
Even small blazes can create smoke that can cause you several different problems. Smoke consists of partially combusted particles that can float throughout your structure and affect contents and buildings materials that are far away from the burn's source. Once smoke touches cooler surfaces, it can solidify and coat them in soot residues.
What Causes Burnt Smells To Exist Long After The Blaze Gets Extinguished?
When you suffer from fire damage in your Agoura residence, pungent aromas can come from the following sources:
• Burnt or charred materials: Sometimes, items in your home just get partially burnt, and the charred section can produce malodor particles.
• Soot Residues: Soot and soils that adhere to surfaces as a result of smoke can be a prominent source for foul odors.
• Porous Materials: Since smoke can deeply penetrate porous materials, cloths and fabrics inside your home can trap in malodor particles.
What Steps Can You Take To Deodorize My House?
• Debris Removal: Our SERVPRO technicians can remove any burnt items or charred materials from your home, including vacuuming up any dust that could have been left behind.
• Cleaning Soot Residues: We can implement wet or dry cleaning methods to remove soot residues off of all of your affected surfaces.
• ULV Fogging: If unpleasant smells still exist in your house after we remove all burnt debris and soot residues, we can then use an ultra-low volume (ULV) fogger that can break deodorant chemicals down to 20 to 60 microns in size so that they can penetrate affected items just like the smoke did.
• Thermal Fogging: A thermal fogger can break deodorant chemicals down even smaller so that they can penetrate affected materials more deeply than a ULV fogger.
• Ozone Generation: Ozone generators produce unstable O3 molecules that give of an Oxygen molecule to oxidize and neutralize malodor particles.
If you ever notice burnt smells in parts of your house that were not close to your fire's source, call SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 24 hours a day.
For more about Agoura click here.