Is it Possible to Speed Up Commercial Flooding Cleanup?
Commercial Flood Damage Restoration by SERVPRO Gets You the Prompt Action Necessary So Your Agoura Business Doesn't Miss a Beat
As an Agoura business owner, you know that you have many obligations to think about. Should floodwater enter your commercial space, you need to ensure your staff's safety while remembering that time is of the essence for limiting secondary damage. SERVPRO acts fast to speed up the flood cleanup so that you can get back to business sooner. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster, allowing you to resume regular activities quicker than any DIY methods will allow. All you have to do is give us a call 24/7, and we can send out a crew to your Agoura businesses in as little as a few hours to begin the cleanup.
There are various elements to consider when it comes to flood damage in Agoura throughout your commercial building. SERVPRO always pays attention to the following:
- Floodwater harbors a vast assortment of contaminants, including heavy metals, pesticides, bacteria, sewage, oil, chemicals, etc. Upon arrival, our crew tests standing water in your home to determine the safety and best practices for treatment and cleanup. Thorough cleaning and rebuilding preparation are necessary to protect our technicians and any occupants from potential hazards, both short-term and long-term.
- Other risks to think about in addition to contaminant infiltration comes with commercial spaces that have not gotten thoroughly dried within a few days after the initial flooding incident. We consider any dampened electrical or mechanical systems as well as the exposure to asbestos or lead when released from saturated building materials.
- Mold growth brings the potential for health effects, which is amplified if your staff enters the building before proper cleaning is complete. While there are a few products on the market for control and reduction of mold, nothing compares to the EPA-registered anti-microbial and cleaning agents that SERVPRO stocks on our Green Fleet of vehicles.
Extraction is Vital for Any Flood Damage Project
Fast action to begin extracting all standing water is imperative for any Agoura commercial or residential flooding situation. Any moisture left to fester for too long brings the potential for mold growth and the onset of foul or musty odors. Our crew will:
- Remove any solid debris, such as mud, silt, and flood-damaged content and building materials.
- All items removed for disposal or packed out to be cleaned off-site get carefully inventoried for your records and ours.
- Any salvageable surface areas touched by floodwater get treated using EPA-registered anti-microbial solutions.
Extraction commences by way of tools and equipment carefully selected by our crew chief. This may include powerful truck-mounted extractors and submersible pumps.
Is the Carpeting Within Our Office Area a Total Loss?
Whenever there is significant contamination within the floodwater, it is better to remove all carpeting and padding below thoroughly to replace it with all-new materials. If we deem carpeting salvageable, we use several tools to facilitate water extraction, such as:
- Truck-mounted or portable extractors
- Weighted extractors, also known as rovers that use the weight of the technician to get moisture up and out of the carpeting
- Light-wand or carpet wand extractors
For any commercial space areas with hard surface flooring, we also have squeegee wands to help execute faster water removal.
How is Drying Handled?
Once cleaning completes, your building and any of the remaining salvageable contents must dry. Whether open-air drying or drying equipment gets used depends on a variety of factors, such as:
- Power availability
- Whether the ventilation and heating systems of your commercial building are functional
- The level of moisture content within your impacted materials
SERVPRO brings a range of drying equipment to each flood water cleanup project, including dehumidifiers, fans, auxiliary heaters, and more. We also check on all aspects within the flood zone and just outside of it using moisture meters to monitor moisture content. This monitoring continues throughout the drying phase to ensure we are on the right track to achieving our goals.
When the situation permits, we can open up windows and doors to create the optimum airflow for natural drying. Should the structural materials be allowed to dry naturally, we must thoroughly check moisture content before moving into the rebuilding phase. It is important to note that natural drying can take longer if the temperatures are not ideal. Either way, taking the time to verify that all materials have gotten sufficiently dried is critical to cutting back on future issues, such as microbial and fungal growth.
SERVPRO is here from start to finish to ensure your commercial property gets returned to preloss condition. You can count on us to coordinate professional controlled demolition to remove any unsalvageable materials for full replacement with brand-new materials. This includes drywall installation, flooring replacement, carpet installation, painting, and much more.
Call SERVPRO of Agoura/Calabasas/Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292 when you need reliable flood damage assistance at your commercial space.