Can It Be Too Late for Water Damage Repair in Agoura?
No Time Like the Present -- Invite SERVPRO’s Professionals to Assess Long-Term Water Damage and Plan Repairs for Your Agoura Home
It is not uncommon for nagging maintenance issues like peeling paint or recurring stains eventually to be traced to old or current but otherwise hidden water damage. Our managers and technicians master the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) training before assessing and planning your project. We have a wealth of strategies at our disposal to repair any water damage “Like it never even happened.”
What Are Signs of “Old” Water Damage?
Water damage repair poses challenges for Agoura residents, but not only when you find yourself wading through standing fluids or wiping down walls or floors sprayed because of a burst pipe or broken appliance hose. Leaking through tiny cracks in pipes and fittings, seepage around insufficiently caulked tubs, and drips from clogged air conditioner drains do minor damage to start. Over time the harm compounds behind, between, under, and over structural components. Signals that you have trouble brewing include:
- Walls that gleam or “sweat” with a light coating of moisture
- Floors that squeak, feel “bouncy,” or show signs of an incline -- objects roll or slide without an outside force, for example
- Woodwork that pulls away from the wall material, leaving gaps by crown moldings, window and door frames, and baseboards
- Plaster walls that exhibit new or expanded cracks
- Paint that bubbles or blisters
- Stains that appear on surfaces
- Bulges that push down from ceilings or out from walls
- Musty or “wet” smells that fail to respond to cleaning or air freshers
What Can Professionals Do to Manage Long Term Water Damage Repair?
The SERVPRO team uses sensitive devices to locate the active leaks and absorbed moisture. We employ controlled demolition techniques to get a better view of the damage. For example, we might:
- Remove the toe kicks under a cabinet or pry off woodwork to evaluate the severity of the damage.
- Determine which supports and substrate materials are unreasonably weakened and destined for removal and rebuilding.
- Extract caches of standing water after making flood cuts or holes to release the fluids.
- Determine drying goals and use professional equipment to evaporate absorbed water.
The highly-trained managers and technicians of SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills use best-practices strategies to assess and repair primary and secondary water damage of any type. Call us at (818) 991-6292 for a professional evaluation and plan.
Click here for more information about Agoura.