Where Can I Find Flood Damage Mitigation After a Bad Storm in Agoura?
SERVPRO of Agoura is Here For Your Flood Damage Mitigation Needs!
While it is rare for hurricanes or typhoons to crash into California, that does not mean the city of Agoura is safe from a sudden intense storm. Whenever you live adjacent to a water body, it is wise to consider that your home could experience flood damage at some point. Whether it is a river, ocean, or lake, a sudden storm could cause water levels to rise and flood the nearby area. If you live at a lower altitude, water may even rush downhill toward your home, as it follows the direction of gravity.
Flood damage may never hit your Agoura home, but it doesn't hurt to be ready, just in case. There are a few ways you can prepare your home for a flood, especially if you know a severe storm is about to roll into your city. If a flood does impact your home, always remember to call a flood damage restoration company, like SERVPRO, immediately.
What Can I Do to Help Prepare For a Storm?
If you know a severe storm is imminent, you can do a few things to help your home weather it. You can:
• Board up any vulnerable windows, especially ones with damage
• Ensure the outside doors to your home are not compromised in any way
• Work with SERVPRO to create an Emergency READY Profile Plan for your home
Preparation can be the key to avoiding unnecessary damages in your home. However, there are times no amount of foresight can help you. Water tends to carve its own path, and sometimes it can be right through your home.
What Should I Do If Flood Water Gets Inside My Home?
If a storm hits your home and brings floodwater inside, you should consider doing the following:
• Immediately calling for emergency services, the faster, the better
• Avoiding contact with the water, as floods can carry harmful substances
• Use an exit strategy to leave safely
Remember, when it comes to floods, it's always essential to safely get yourself and your family out of your home.
What If the Flood Damage Is Minimal? What Should I Do?
Even a small amount of water in your home can still cause water damage. No matter the size of the damage in your home, you should:
• Call SERVPRO for help; We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
• Lay down some towels to help absorb water in the meantime
• Keep your distance from the water, as even a small volume of floodwater can be black water (contaminated)
If your home needs help, never wait to get it. For the longevity of your possessions and your property, it is the best thing you can do for your house.
What Is the Difference Between Black Water and Normal Water?
Black or greywater are terms used to describe flood water with potential contaminants in them, and they are often not safe for human contact. Blackwater may contain:
• Biohazards, such as used medical equipment
• Sewage or other biowastes
• Petroleum gas and chemicals
When it comes to flood damage inside of your home, it is often best to avoid direct contact with it until professionals have identified its status.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Remove the Excess Water in My Home?
Our technicians can bring advanced equipment into your home to remove the standing water inside. Devices we use include:
• Portable truck-mounted pumps
• Wet/dry vacuums
• Flood drying mats
Drying your home may require our technicians to use many devices in conjunction with each other. For example, when dehumidifiers, air movers, heaters, and flood drying mats are used together, they create an optimal environment for evaporation. These devices are typically used once standing water has been removed, to ensure further excess moisture cannot get out of hand.
Furthermore, to help reduce the risks of mold damage, our technicians may decide to make flood cuts in your home. Removing only the damaged sections, instead of entire drywall sheets, helps us keep your remediation costs low. Additionally, partial deconstruction helps unnecessary garbage stay out of landfills.
What Do Your Technicians Do With Ruined Materials?
If our technicians have to make flood cuts, remove insulation, or cut out flooring, we do not leave the mess behind for you to clean up. We can:
• Bag up garbage around your home, including the materials
• Leave materials by the roadside for city garbage removal
• Clean your home thoroughly afterward, so you feel, “Like it never even happened.”
Here at SERVPRO, we're dedicating to making the remediation process easy for you.
If your home is in need of flood damage mitigation, don't wait. Get in touch with SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills by dialing (818) 991-6292. Our technicians are always ready to help you restore your home.