A Guide to Handling Flood Damage in your Calabasas Residence
Let us be your guide when it comes to water damage in Calabasas.
Calabasas has a growing reputation as a celebrity hotspot and has attracted many wealthy and famous people. The city’s median property value, according to Data U.S.A is $926,800. Therefore, when flooding occurs, property owners incur expensive damage. Flooding can occur due to overflowing rivers or excessive rainfall. Although fire may be a more common concern among homeowners, a flood is more likely to ruin your Calabasas home.
Restoration must begin as soon as it is safe to return home. When your Calabasas residence has flood damage, quick and proper cleanup is essential for your health. Floodwaters may contain microorganisms, dead animals, pesticides, and untreated sewage. It is necessary to remove such contaminants from your home quickly because they can continue ruining building materials long after the flood water recedes. To clean up your home after flood damage, you can take the following steps:
- Assess your house for broken gas lines, dropped electrical cables, and cracks in the foundation or beams.
- Remove garbage, tree branches, mud, furniture, and other items damaged by floodwater.
- Use wet/dry vacuums to remove standing water.
- Dry the building thoroughly within the first 24 to 48 hours to prevent mold infestation. Open the windows or use fans to increase ventilation and air circulation. Continue the drying process for several days or weeks until the affected materials are thoroughly dry.
- You may have to remove parts of floors, walls, and ceilings to dry your home completely. Remove and replace soaked carpets.
- Wash and disinfect floors, walls, closets, studs, shelves, contents, and other flooded parts of your property using bleach, non-sudsing household cleaners, and disinfectants.
If you cannot complete the steps above or the damage is beyond your capacity, you can contact the flood restoration professionals at SERVPRO. We can inspect the property and provide you with expert advice regarding the flood cleanup process. We look out for structural hazards before we proceed with water mitigation and restoration. Our team can extract the water, clean up, and dry your house before severe damage occurs.
Our SERVPRO crew uses the most advanced water removal and drying equipment to return the property to its previous state. We have portable pumps that can extract the water quickly, air movers that speed up evaporation and refrigerant or desiccant dehumidifiers that remove water vapor from the air. Our Applied Structural Drying Technicians (ASDs) also use moisture detection equipment like thermal imaging cameras to check for hidden moisture. We monitor the drying process to determine if it is working.
Our technicians also sanitize a flood-damaged home using antimicrobial, disinfectant, or antibacterial treatments. No cleanup is too big for our team of certified technicians. Our goal is to deal with the damage to make it “Like it never even happened.”
When you need flood damage restoration services in Agoura, Agoura Hills, or Hidden Hills, contact SERVPRO of Agoura / Calabasas / Hidden Hills at (818) 991-6292. Our technicians can dry your house entirely and restore it to its normal state.
To learn more about Calabasas, click here.